Wednesday, October 05, 2005

23rd Post, 5th Sentence

This post comes courtesy of the of a meme chain link I found at eclectic garden:
1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same.

My 23rd post, 5th sentence reads: "I would stop every few steps to wipe the crumbs from the bottom of my feet onto my pant (or bare!) leg." It was contained within an entry I wrote on my new vacuum cleaner.

If this sentence is supposed to reveal something me, it would be that I abhor a dirty house, but don't like to make the effort to tidy it. But, can't you say that about almost anyone?

The extraction also highlights the fact that I used to have a house blog. Now I have a garden blog. I expect my attention will veer inside again as the weather chills. (In fact, I am anticipating my winter projects with glee!)

Like a gardener, I don't choose to tag anyone, but if you volunteer, leave a comment!

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Harris said...

Mine's: "It's caryopteris 'Longwood Blue' in bloom, with yucca foliage and magnolia and cutleaf sumac filling out the tableau." This is supposed to reveal something about me? Uh-huh.
And while we're at it, what the hell's a meme? Maybe I'll look it up in the Wikipedia so I'll stop feeling so out of it.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what a meme is. I looked it up but still don't get it.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I already did this on my general blog.
I'm not sure where the name meme comes from, but memes are a device to that gives bloggers a chance to get to know one another and discover other blogs. They are suppose to bring the blogosphere closer together.

For me, this ended up being pretty good as I had a great line, but for a lot of people, this just ends up being kind of dumb. I like your line. If you hadn't told me what it was about, my mind would have been racing to make up a story about you in a cookie factory.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

Mmmmmmm....cookies.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home